Friday, May 10, 2013

Catch Up

It’s been a busy couple of months in the Williams household so I’m going to try and give you a quick update on everything we have been up to …
The biggest news was the result of my CAT in April scan showed NED (No Evidence of Disease)!!! I was so anxious waiting for those results but couldn’t be more excited about the outcome. The fear of a recurrence is always with me and at the most random times can be so overwhelming but I’m doing my best to stay positive! I have decided to have a hysterectomy and have scheduled that surgery for May 30th. Having this surgery will eliminate the estrogen that my body produces and since I was slightly ER+, in theory it will help to decrease my chances of a recurrence.
In March, I along with a group of friends participated in the Dirty Girl Mud Run in Raleigh. It’s an un-timed 5k obstacle course that helps raise money for breast cancer research. It was a COLD morning so they actually drained two of the mud pits; I am definitely dirtier than I look in the pictures but not nearly as dirty as I should have been.




Aiden played soccer for the first time this spring. While he enjoyed himself, I don’t know how excited he is to play again in the fall. He loved to run just not after the ball!



We took a quick over-night trip to the Outer Banks to visit the Beach family while they were visiting for Easter.







I participated in the Survivor's Lap at ECU's Relay for Life. It was certainly an emotional event but I'm so glad I did it.



Since Aiden will be attending a new school in the fall and I am teaching online this summer, we have decided to pull the lil man out of daycare. He is going to spend the morning at Rose’s Gymnastics so I have a few hours to get my work done then he and I will get to spend the afternoons together! I’m so excited to get this time with him before he starts school.


No comments:

Post a Comment