Friday, May 25, 2012

And the MRI Results Are Here

Yesterday morning was full of more tests and doctors appointments. I had both an echo and CT scan; we’ll get those results next week … I know, more waiting!
We did see Dr. Habal for the results from the breast MRI I had on Monday and they were good. They only thing that was found on the MRI was the tumor we already knew about … no other spots , bumps, masses and nothing at all in my right breast!!! The tumor is 6cm, which is pretty big but Dr. Habal hopes the chemo will shrink it before surgery. Dr. Habal is pretty encouraged that the CT scan and bone scan will come back negative. Please say a quick prayer he is right!

 I am scheduled to have a port put in on June 8th; the oncologist will use this to deliver the chemo and herceptin.  I have a bone scan scheduled for June 6th and am anticipating starting chemo the week of June 4th but I’ll know for sure when I meet with the oncologist next Thursday.
Everyone asks how I am doing; right now I’m good! But, I feel confident in saying that will all change once chemo starts, that makes this more real. The next year and half is going to be complete hell but we can make it though this bump in the road! Right now, I’m looking forward to the holiday weekend with my boys. We are taking Aiden to see a Mudcats game and Jonathan and I are celebrating our 6 year anniversary on Sunday! Can you believe it’s been 6 years already?  




3 comments:

  1. Jamie-Todd and I are definitely praying for you and your boys. Please know that if there is ever anything you need we are here for you. Reading your blog has only verified my high regard and respect for you as a person. I know your strong drive, determination and ability to find fun/humor in anything will be perfected as you guys go through this. Best of luck with the upcoming test results and we are praying for you everyday! Sincerely, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie...you are in our thoughts and prayers! You are quite possibly one of the strongest women I have ever met and know you will fight this battle head on! Hope the weekend was a great one, can't believe its been 6 years! Thanks for publishing the blog...its a great way for us to keep up with what's going on! Wish we were closer but this will allow us to stay updated. We love you and are so glad we are family! Praying and praying hard.....love always...Chrissy~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie,

    I'm a friend of your mother-in-law, Kay. Though I've never met you, I'm inspired by the love and courage obvious in your blog. You're on more prayer lists than you know. Good news today. Will keep praying.

    Susie

    ReplyDelete