Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Silver Lining

The CT scan came back clear, my echo looked great, and my blood work was perfect. I have a bone scan next Wednesday but the oncologist is optimistic that will come back clear too. Other than this nasty ol’ tumor, I’m in perfect health. This makes it easier to kick the crap out of this cancer!
My first round of chemo will be June 11th and I’ll go every 3 weeks for 6 rounds which will take me into October.  Depending on how I feel, we may adjust my chemo days. I’m hoping to receive my treatments on a day that will allow me to feel “normal” on the weekends so that I can spend those days with Aiden. Of course he will be able to see the physical changes in me while I undergo chemo and surgery but I take comfort in knowing he’s too young to form a memory of all that’s going to happen in the next year and a half.
I came home from the doctor’s office to a mailbox full of love and sweet messages from my amazing family and friends.  Check out this awesome breast cancer cookie bouquet that a very special group of friends sent. It came with information on breast cancer and a portion of the proceeds go to support the Susan G. Komen Foundation – how cool is that!


THANK YOU all for the cards, emails, comments, text, and prayers. I’m truly blessed to have such an amazing support group. I love you!

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome news Jamie! Yay!
    :) Jennifer K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie,
    We had no idea about what you guys have been going through when I saw you at CHS, or when I spoke to you on the phone! This will be life changing in so many ways! I know this may sound Weird, but it's only going to change you for the better, all of you! You guys will love harder than any other family, you will be fighters, and you will appreciate every tiny thing that the rest of the world takes for grated! I have encountered many folks with that diagnosis and all of them have recieved those gifts! That is what I focus on when I think of them, and in a strange way.....I am envious of the love that gleams from the people affected by this diagnosis. You already had this love and this way of life, so that must mean God wants you to be superwoman:-). I've thought the same myself on occasion. Brian and I are here if you need anything! Love and hugs, thoughts and prayers y'alls way:):):)
    Love,
    Amanda McCarty

    ReplyDelete