Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Catch Up

I know it’s been awhile since I’ve posted, it’s been a busy 2 weeks! Instead of doing one long post, I’m going to break the last two weeks into some shorter blogs.
After seeing Dr. White on the 31st and learning the CT scan was clear, Aiden and I headed to NJ with my mom for a surprise baby shower for my sister-in-law Cheryl!!! I was so excited that I was able to make the trip!  I was a little worried the doctor would want to start chemo right away but she gave the go ahead for the trip and decided to start chemo after I had the port put in.
It was a short trip but I was able to visit my family and close friends and enjoy some REALLY good food before starting treatment! With chemo, surgery, and radiation I don’t know when I’ll be able to make it back to Jersey. I’m hoping to feel good enough for a short visit in August to meet my niece!!!
Here are a few pictures from our trip …
Visiting with Great-Grandma


Aiden and Ro-Ro


Aunt Cheryl & Uncle Paulie


Feeling his cousin kick

High School Friends

Smores with Uncle Paul

Once we got back from Jersey I was in full “prep” mode, I needed to get some stuff done before having my port put in on Friday and starting chemo on Monday. I wanted everything in place to make life easier for everyone else, since I didn't know how I'd feel.
The port surgery went really well and Dr. Habal did a great job! My arm was sore over the weekend and I couldn’t pick up my sweet little boy but we made it through! Thanks to my awesome mother-in-law and hubby for taking care of me and little man all weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment