Friday, June 22, 2012

Summer Project

Since Johnny was out watching the basketball game last night and little man fast asleep, I decided to curl up with the IPad and some trashy reality TV. While browsing through Pintrest, yes I’m addicted; I had the most awesome idea … 30 Pins in 30 Days! How neat would it be to complete one pin a day for the next 30 days? I could even blog about each one.  Then I remember that I’m in the middle of chemo and that’s a bit ambitious of me; when I’m feeling good I sometimes forget about having cancer.  Even this morning, while I cooked a breakfast I had found on Pintrest, I couldn’t stop thinking about how fun this could be.  It would give me something to do during my “good” weeks and something to look forward to during my chemo weeks. I had to modify my original idea a bit to make it work; instead of “30 Pins in 30 Days” it’s going to be “The 30 Pins of Summer”.  So between now and the start of fall semester (August 20th), I’m going to try and complete 30 different projects/ideas I have pinned on Pintrest. For those of you not familiar with Pintrest, it’s a virtual pinboard, which lets you organize and share everything you find on the web. People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and organize their favorite recipes. I have pinboards that include craft projects, sewing projects, home décor, recipes, cleaning and organization tips, party ideas …. the list is pretty long, so I have plenty to choose from!

Pin #1 ~ Sausage Stuffed Pancake Muffins

This recipe is super easy and both boys loved it this morning, Aiden did take the sausage out of his! Take your favorite pancake mix, pour over fully cooked sausage (or bacon or fruit), bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes in a greased muffin pan, and serve with syrup!

 I used sausage patties cut into quarters


 My Sous Chef, mixing the pancake batter!



 Fresh out of the oven!


The finished product!


3 comments:

  1. Neat idea, and I look forward to watching your "pins" come to life all summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea Jamie! Sounds like it will be a great thing to help keep your mind off the negative and focus on the positive. And another awesome way to interact with Aiden on some fun activities. I'm so proud of you and how you're taking everything in strides with this cancer business. Keep it up and you will have kicked it's butt in no time!! Lots of love... Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I LOVE this idea! I might even try to do this myself. I keep pinning stuff, but don't ever follow through. Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete