Thursday, June 28, 2012

30 Pins of Summer ~ Pins 2, 3, and 4

Since both Jonathan and I love food and cooking, it’s no surprise that a lot of my pins on Pintrest are recipes. Last weekend we managed to try 3 new recipes that we pinned. Yes, I said “we”, Jonathan loves to scroll through Pintrest just as much as I do. In fact, he pins so many things I sent him an invite for his own account, but refuses to join and continues to pin away on my boards.
This is something I pinned, that I figured was right up Johnny’s alley – he’s a sucker for a bacon cheeseburger! I put it together Friday afternoon and had it ready when he got home from work. It was super easy and he LOVED it!


Pin #3 ~ Homemade Donuts

Those of you that know us well know this pin was ALL Johnny, he sure does love him a sweet tasting breakfast! This pin was our Saturday morning breakfast and the prep was a family affair. While the recipe above got us going, we made a few modifications along the way ... we did cinnamon sugar donuts and powdered sugar donut holes plus ... Maple Bacon Donuts! This is a recipe Johnny saw on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives and had to try. You dip the donut in a glaze made from powdered sugar and maple syrup then you top it with bacon crumbles. I was a little hesitant to try them but they were amazing! Not something I would eat often but definitely worth the try.






Pin #4 ~ Zucchini Boats

After our donut breakfast on Saturday, we headed to the farmers market for some fresh, local produce. One of many down sides to chemo is that raw fruits and veggies are on the "Do Not Eat List", worst time of the year to have to make sure your fresh produce is cooked! So, we set out to get us some items that we could enjoy cooked, which wasn't hard. We cooked up these zucchini boats along with fresh corn on the cob and some grilled chicken for dinner that night! It was yummy!!!



I promise that not all of my pins will be recipes, in fact Aiden and I worked on a craft project today that I hope to post this weekend and I'm hoping to start a craft project over the weekend, if I feel up to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment