Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Halfway Point

Friday marked my third round of chemo; I’m officially halfway through my treatments! While I’m super excited to reach this mark, it’s been a rough week. On Thursday morning, I woke up weak and nauseous, with a low grade fever so I ended up at the doctor’s office for some IV fluids and nausea meds that afternoon. Turned out, I had a bladder infection. My blood worked looked good so Dr. White felt comfortable going ahead with treatment on Friday even though I was so sick the day before. My liver enzymes were a little high so she ordered more tests. There could be several reasons they are elevated but we have to wait on the results to see if it’s going to be an issue. Unlike my first two treatments, this one has really taken a toll on me. I have spent most of the weekend in bed or on the couch, with zero energy and no desire to eat. But I have two sweet boys that are taking good care of me! Hopefully, I’ll start to feel better and we can celebrate the halfway mark!

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there Jamie!!!!! Positive thoughts your way!:-)
    Thinking of you,
    Amanda McCarty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in Jamie, you can do this.
    Let the wonderful family and friends help you to get through this.
    You are always in my prayers.
    Love Aunt Roseann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just signed up for another breast cancer run for you! Oct 14th and December 8th! Hang in there! Love and miss you!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete