Sunday, February 15, 2015

Cinnamon Caramel Apple Energy Balls

I came across this recipe on Facebook last week and figured I'd give it a try. It seemed quick, easy, and healthy plus Aiden is on an apple kick lately. Since I told him they tasted like a caramel apple, he was sold on trying them and woke up this morning asking if he could help me make them.

They were super easy to make but I had a hard time getting a paste to form so I added a drop (about 1 tbsp.) of honey. Any of my friends that have made these, did you have the same problem? If so, what did you do?



They were really good and did taste like a caramel apple. I'm definitely be adding this to my book of recipes for future use.

Author: 
Recipe type: Snack
Prep time:  
Total time:  
Serves: 12 - 14
 
These Cinnamon Caramel Apple Energy Balls are perfect on the go healthy snacks for kids!
Ingredients
  • ½ cup pitted dates
  • 1 cup dried apples (not freeze dried, these are the chewy ones)
  • ½ cup oats
  • ½ teaspoon cinnamon
Instructions
  1. Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor and process until it forms a thick paste.
  2. Using about a tablespoon of the mixture, roll into balls. If you want the little bites, use about ¼ teaspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment