Friday, February 20, 2015

5 for Friday

Happy Friday!!!! It's been a long week filled with bitter cold temps and ICE - something we aren't used to in Eastern NC. Rumor has it there is the potential for SNOW next Tuesday as well. Fingers crossed we get enough that little man can play in it, he was so disappointed that all we got this week was ice.

Here are a few items the kept me smiling through the craziness and cold this week ....

If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook you probably have already seen this picture. I am in LOVE with these skull and cross bone loafers from Red Circle Footwear I ordered them from Groopdealz. If you haven't checked out this site put it on your list of things to do. They have the cutest items but since it's discounted prices, items go fast. I recommend signing up for their email list. Every morning my inbox has an email with the deals for that day - what a way to start the day!!!


To keep up with the shoe theme, I received these Tori Burch sandals for my birthday. Jonathan may talk a big game when he knows I'm headed to do some shopping but don't let him fool you - this purchase was all his. He sure does know what I like and isn't so concerned when he's buying it! Unfortunately, it'll be a few weeks until I can sport them - come on spring!


Jonathan received a Spiralizer for Christmas and it is my new favorite kitchen tool. We have used it for a bunch of different recipes but my new obsession is "veggie noodles". I've used this handy little gadget to cut back on pasta and rice by making zucchini noodles - one medium zucchini has about 35 calories and makes a bowl full of noodles! Up next ... carrot, pear, and beet - the possibilities are endless!



One of the downfalls, or perks depending on how you look at it, to being stuck inside on Tuesday was I had plenty of time to surf the web and do some online shopping! Here is another one of my Groopdealz finds. I'm obsessed with this scarf/wrap and cannot wait for it to arrive. If I have to deal with the cold weather, I might as well look good doing it. It comes from Funky Monkey, they have some awesome items on their website that would be great for gifts.


Tonight a group of us girls are headed to Painted Peacock for a night out! Wine , snacks, and paint your own pottery ... my Friday nights have changed quite a bit over the last few years but I wouldn't have it any other way. It'll be a fun, relaxing end to this crazy week that I get to share with some awesome ladies! Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment