Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Valentine Craft

I was on a roll there for a while with my blogging but then classes started back, life got in the way, and here I am a month later with no new posts.

Today's post will be a short one, I have class in an hour, but I wanted to share with you the cute Valentine craft I did over the weekend. The inspiration came from a Facebook post of a friend of mine, so I cannot take credit - thanks Christy. What was even better, I had all the supplies I needed for the project tucked away in my craft bin.

I started with burlap that I cut into 2 hearts.


I hot glues the edges together leaving a small opening.


I stuffed the hearts with grocery store bags and glue the opening closed. This is a side view, it really needed to be more full but I had already glued it closed before realizing that.


I started to get worried that it wasn't going to look good after this first coat of paint, but Christy reassured me that after it was coated a few times and dry, it would be okay.


She was right, after 3 coats of red paint, this is what it looked like.


After it was dry, I added some white polka-dots ...


a chevron burlap bow and some red floral wire to hang it with. 


This is the finished product on the front door!


No comments:

Post a Comment