Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Almost Done

Last Friday was my fourth round of chemo - I am officially 2/3 of the way through my treatment! So far, I’m feeling good, just tired and worn down. I’m taking advantage of this week to rest up since the fall semester starts on Monday. Yes, I will be teaching … just not as much as I normally do. My department chair and colleagues have been super supportive and helpful in working out a schedule that meets everyone’s needs and has minimal impact on our students.  I’m so lucky to work with such great people, especially the school health faculty!
With classes starting next week that means summer is almost over too! We have managed to squeeze some fun in this summer in between chemo treatments. Aiden took swim class at Raynez during July and absolutely loved it. He came home after the first night and said, “Mommy I know how to swim!”




He was able to show off some of his swimming skills last week in the OBX. We took a quick overnight trip to visit the Beach family while they were vacationing in Nags Head. Aiden had a blast and it was great to get away with both my boys, enjoy the beach and some good seafood!





The most exciting news of August is the arrival of our niece; Jaclyn Ann Tier was born August 1st and is just precious!!! Congrats to Paul and Cheryl!!! I cannot wait to meet this sweet baby girl!

I’ve been keeping up with my “30 Pins of Summer”, I just haven’t posted them. Hopefully, I can get them up this week and maybe reach the 30 mark before Monday. If not, I’ll have to extend it … I have lots of Halloween/Football/Fall pins that I’m dying to do!
Thank you again for all the love, support, prayers, cards, texts, emails, meals, etc. They brighten my day, put a smile on my face, and remind me just how blessed we are! I hope you are enjoying the last few weeks of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment