Thursday, August 2, 2012

Quick Update

It seems that ever since I had the blood clot a few weeks ago I’ve been on a downward swing. First it was a bladder infection then I had a hard time with my third round of chemo. Yesterday I woke up not feeling so well along with a fever, so in to the doctor’s office I went. I got IV fluids for my dehydration but my blood work came back just fine. Dr. White put me on an antibiotic, just to be on the safe side, but was a little stumped as to what was causing all this. Even with my bladder infection she was surprised I felt as bad as I did. She is concerned that it could have something to do with the coumadin I’m taking since all of this started after I was put on that medicine. She’s said it’s not common but wants to monitor me. If I continue to get sick like this she may take me off Coumadin and put me back on the blood thinner shots or take my port out. I’ve been resting today and feel much better! I’m going to try and take it easy this week so I can rest up for my fourth round next Friday!

3 comments:

  1. You will rock this! Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Jamie and feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying for you everyday Jamie.....I know you will make it through your Journey!!

    ReplyDelete