Thursday, December 18, 2014

2015 Color of the Year ~ Marsala

The only benefit to spending hours at Physicians East last week, is that I get to catch up on my fun reading. Not the lesson plans, literature reviews, or research articles like I should have been reading but US Weekly, InStyle, and People. I was armed with a stack of magazines to help pass the time.

Instyle had an article that declared "Marsala" the color of the year for 2015. I instantly thought of chicken Marsala, who wouldn't, right? However, Marsala is a, "warming blend of red and brown with pink and caramel undertones," and not the muddy brown I associated with the mushroom sauce on my chicken. Still confused, it's the color of a good bottle of red wine!

You can pair it with a neutral, like navy or black, but would also look fabulous with mustard. It's a universally flattering color but if it's too much for you, try it as part of a print or as an accessory. Need some inspiration? Here's a great article on how to wear it. Here are a few pieces I have on my Marsala wish list! Click the picture for information on where to find these items!













No comments:

Post a Comment