Monday, December 8, 2014

Last Night's Dinner - Smokin'

The end of the semester is final here! Tomorrow is our last day of classes at ECU before we begin final exams, which means I’m up to my eyeballs in grading! My desk is covered with learning segments, lessons plans, teaching reflections, and literature reviews that are all begging for grades. I have been staring at coursework since 8am this morning and my brain needs a recharge. Thus, I give you, last night’s dinner…

Because my Aunt and Uncle were in town for a visit, Jonathan decided to break out the smoker and throw in a boston butt early yesterday morning, while we took them on a tour of Greenville. I apologize now for not having pictures of the amazingness that was the end result. He used just salt and pepper, no special rub, no sauce and it was pure pork heaven. I tried out two new recipes for our side dishes Spicy Sriracha Slaw and Balsamic Green Bean Salad, both turned out great. The slaw was SPICY but paired so well with the pork, it was a match made in BBQ heaven.


I hope y’all had a great weekend that was full of fun, family, and fabulous food!

P.S. I may not have taken a picture of this meal the first time around but I remembered to snag one while I was eating the leftovers for lunch! It was equally good the second time around!


No comments:

Post a Comment