Friday, December 19, 2014

Christmas Crafts

Back in September, I purchased a wood "W" to hang on our front door from New River Pottery. Then I had my super awesome Dad use that W as a template to make me more W's that I could paint for different holidays. Super smart idea, I know! This is how our Christmas W turned out


I started with a plain wood W and painted it lime green


Then I used my mom's Cricut machine to cut a chevron pattern on some red and white vinyl I ordered from My Vinyl Direct This website has everything you need for vinyl designs, at a reasonable price, and they ship super quick. It took me about an hour to place the vinyl on the W.  I'm sure I could have done a better job with the pattern but for my first vinyl project, I'm happy with the outcome



I came across this on Pintrest several months ago and planned to use for inspiration on my own front porch


My dad cut the wood board and distressed for me early but life got int he way and it sat in my garage for weeks. In my defense, it took me some time to decide how I wanted the letters to look. Anyway, I finally got around to finishing the project this week, just in time for Christmas!


This is what the board looked like before I got started.


I purchased scrapbook paper at Michael's, used mom's cricut to cut the letters, and used mod podge to get the letters on the wood.




This is what the finshed project looks like on my porch. Sorry for the poor quality picture, it was late when I finished and I didn't want to mess with the good camera so I opted for a phone picture. 












No comments:

Post a Comment